St. Luke’s Women’s Group
Wanting to find a way to connect with other women or men in the congregation? Each month our women’s group, and men’s group gather for socialization, spiritual growth, and general bonding outside of worship. Both groups lead parish wide events throughout the year including community service opportunities. Our women’s group also plans several retreat getaways throughout the year. This is an excellent way to form lasting friendships with the members of the church.
The St. Luke’s Women’s Group comes together to strengthen our spiritual lives. Our goal is to provide a safe place for every woman to be who God created her to be!
Where do we meet?
We meet on the first Sunday of the month, excluding the months of July and December. We gather in the library at 12:30 p.m. for food and friendship, and then move to the St. Antony Room for our meeting which lasts until 2:00 p.m.
What do we do?
During our meetings we do things like: make plans for our group events, share in discussion, and pray together and for one another. Our areas of focus are: Service, Spirituality, Social and Study.
Our plans for 2021
- Sponsor the Angel Tree for Hunger and Health Coalition.
- Reading “The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World” by The Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu and share in discussion.
- We have a Winter Getaway (usually in March) where we get to know each better and have so much fun.
- Trip to the Trinity Center in Salter’s Path, NC the 3rd week of May. Depart Monday and return Friday.
- Each year we have a planning retreat the first weekend in November at Road’s End Retreat which is managed by Greg and Jane Erickson.
- We participate in the Bread of Life Ministry at Hospitality House in January, have a work day at F.A.R.M Cafe during the Summer and help Habitat for Humanity as we are asked.
- We participate in other activities and events as they are offered.
- Women’s beach trip, annually
- There are several ideas for other fun things to do in the works. We would love to share our stories, plans and love with you!
In return for participating in this terrific fellowship, you will receive friendship, love, support, and acceptance.